Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Hailey <ro...@cmediacorp.com> on 2010/06/23 18:11:38 UTC

T5.1: Construction of service 'Alias' has failed due to recursion

I've run into an odd problem which does not occur in my test
environment. I think the tapestry-hibernate module is trying to take
responsibility of the "java.util.Collection" injected parameter...

Operations trace:
[ 1] Realizing service ServletApplicationInitializer
[ 2] Invoking
org
.apache
.tapestry5
.services.TapestryModule.buildServletApplicationInitializer(Logger,
List, ApplicationInitializer) (at TapestryModule.java:1247)
[ 3] Constructing module class
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule
[ 4] Determining injection value for parameter #1
(org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.PipelineBuilder)
[ 5] Resolving object of type
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.PipelineBuilder using
MasterObjectProvider
[ 6] Realizing service Alias
[ 7] Invoking
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildAlias(Logger,
String, AliasManager, Collection) (at TapestryModule.java:325)
[ 8] Determining injection value for parameter #4 (java.util.Collection)
[ 9] Collecting unordered configuration for service Alias
[10] Invoking method
org
.apache
.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeAlias(Configuration,
Session) (at HibernateModule.java:68).
[11] Determining injection value for parameter #2
(org.hibernate.Session)
[12] Resolving object of type org.hibernate.Session using
MasterObjectProvider
[13] Realizing service Alias

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Construction of service 'Alias' has
failed due to recursion: the service depends on itself in some way.
Please check
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildAlias(Logger,
String, AliasManager, Collection) (at TapestryModule.java:325) for
references to another service that is itself dependent on service
'Alias'.
	at
org
.apache
.tapestry5
.ioc
.internal
.RecursiveServiceCreationCheckWrapper
.createObject(RecursiveServiceCreationCheckWrapper.java:52)
	at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator
$1.invoke(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:45)
	at
org
.apache
.tapestry5
.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:68)

tapestry-5.1.0.5

The tapestry-hibernate modules are specified via a system preference
rather than the standard jar/manifest mechanism, but I don't see how
that would effect the ioc initialization, any ideas?

--
Robert Hailey