Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tamás Barta <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 16:07:20 UTC

How to avoid warning message

Hi,

I'm using Solr 6.6.2 and I use Zookeeper too handle Solr cloud. In Java
client I use SolrJ this way:

*client = new CloudSolrClient.Builder().withZkHost(zkHostString).build();*

In the log I see the followings:

*WARN  [org.apache.zookeeper.SaslClientCallbackHandler] Could not login:
the Client is being asked for a password, but the ZooKeeper Client code
does not currently support obtaining a password from the user. Make sure
that the Client is configured to use a ticket cache (using the JAAS
configuration setting 'useTicketCache=true)' and restart the Client. If you
still get this message after that, the TGT in the ticket cache has expired
and must be manually refreshed. To do so, first determine if you are using
a password or a keytab. If the former, run kinit in a Unix shell in the
environment of the user who is running this Zookeeper Client using the
command 'kinit <princ>' (where <princ> is the name of the Client's Kerberos
is the name of the Kerberos principal, and <keytab> is the location of the
keytab file). After manually refreshing your cache, restart this Client. If
you continue to see this message after manually refreshing your cache,
ensure that your KDC host's clock is in sync with this host's clock.*

*WARN [org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn] SASL configuration failed:
javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: PBOX000070: Password
invalid/Password required Will continue connection to Zookeeper server
without SASL authentication, if Zookeeper server allows it.*

*WARN  [org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager] Watcher
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager@61c7a0c name:
ZooKeeperConnection Watcher:zookeeper1:2181,zookeeper2:2181,zookeeper3:2181
got event WatchedEvent state:AuthFailed type:None path:null path: null
type: None*

*WARN  [org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager] zkClient received
AuthFailed*

After that everything works. What should I do to avoid this message? I
don't want any authentication between the client and Zookeepers as they are
not available from outside.

Thanks, Tamás

Re: How to avoid warning message

Posted by Tamás Barta <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I managed to find the solution. At client side
I have to set -Dzookeeper.sasl.client=false system property to disable SASL
authentication.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.