Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Barrett <mi...@daboyz.org> on 2003/08/23 22:37:58 UTC

ant+manage+mod_jk+loadbalance

    I'm deploying a pair of tomcat servers behind an apache server using mod_jk with the loadbalance worker.  Everything is going great, and the loadbalancing is working fine.

    Now I want to start using tomcat's /manage application to deploy and reload applications using ant.  This is all done through the web interface.  My question is:  Is there a way to specify which of the two load balanced servers I want to go to?

    If not, then there's no reliable way for me to do code deployments using ant+the manager- or is there?  I could be completely off base on this, and if so I look forward to being told so.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
                Mike Barrett | "We have veggie bacon, why don't we have
             mike@daboyz.org |  meat fruit?"
              www.daboyz.org |    -- My co-worker, Ben
     ------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Re: Total Linux Newbie Question

Posted by Luke Vanderfluit <lu...@chipcity.com.au>.
Hi Mike,

Good move!

> Could someone please help me with a very basic question when running Tomcat under Linux:  When I
> start Tomcat in the Linux terminal using "./startup.sh" I don't get to see any of the Tomcat
> output.    In Windows I would get to see a scrolling DOS Window.

open the startup.sh in an editor and change the last line where is says
'start' to 'run'

alternatively, simply do
'catalina.sh run'

same thing,

kind regards,
Luke

Posted by "Eric J. Pinnell" <er...@iCky.org>.
Hi,

That stuff is going to catalina.out in the logs directory.

-e

Posted by Ed Robbins <ed...@erobbins.com>.
Here's one of the best features of a Un*x based system.  Navigate your
way to the logs directory, typically $CATALINA_HOME/logs and you will
find the usual suspects for log files.  Now you can do a tail-f <log
name> and get real time output from the log file.

Ed

Posted by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com>.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com