Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Soumen Trivedi <so...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/14 20:04:44 UTC

How to Release Snapshot artifacts in 1.2.2

Hi all,
I am using Archiva ver 1.2.2 & Maven for development and have the following
queries:

1. How to move SNAPSHOT artifacts to RELEASE stage in Archiva
2. The SNAPSHOT jars is project specific and not upon apache, should it
still be staged on the
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/website?
3. What steps should be followed to stage the release? I have a Application
Server on which Archiva runs and want to stage the releases in the same
server along with the /data/repositories directory? Can this be possible?

Any answers or pointers to the above queries will be very helpful.

Please feel free to ask questions to me if you feel what I described above
does not make any sense to you? I am new to Archiva and trying to understand
& implement the process involved Archiva administration and release
activity.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Soumen Trivedi

Re: How to Release Snapshot artifacts in 1.2.2

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Soumen Trivedi
<so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for replying back Wendy. Yes I want to release application specific
> contents into Archiva as RELEASE and not as SNAPSHOT before it is actually
> sent to production env. Do you reckon using Maven for this purpose? I
> apologies for this question, I was thinking that we upload artifacts into
> Archiva as SNAPSHOT and then Archiva helps to move those into RELEASE stage.

This is probably best discussed on the Maven users list, but snapshots
are just a point in time.  They may depend on other snapshots, they
have no associated tag in the scm repo, and generally are not
reproducible, so you wouldn't want to take one and promote it to
release status.

If you check JIRA you may find a feature request for staging and
promoting _releases_ but that implies that you have done an official
release first.

--
Wendy

Re: How to Release Snapshot artifacts in 1.2.2

Posted by Soumen Trivedi <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Soumen Trivedi