Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2004/11/17 08:50:56 UTC

AW: Re[2]: Download Access to Developer List archive

I am using marc.theaimsgroup.com as list archive.
For all IE users: you can customize IE so that you can search there easily
by editing
the windows registry:

-----8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<--------
-8-<----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\SearchUrl\marc-ant-dev]
@="http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&w=2&r=1&s=%s&q=b"
-----8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<--------
-8-<----

And you can type into the IE adress field something like "marc-ant-dev
searchstring"
and IE will do the search.

Background:
* under ...SearchUrl you can insert new "search" words, in this case the
magic word
  is "marc-ant-dev" (for searching inside the ant-dev list on marc)
* the default value (@) describes the URL to invoke. %s is the url-encoded
search
  string.
* only HTTP GETs are valid, so if you have the request to send a POST you
have to
  hack a little bit more: provide a local html page which converts the GET
to a POST
  and refer to that. E.g. searching inside the Amazon (German) website is
done via
  POST request. So the searchstring refers to a local HTML page
      @="H:/startmenue/amazon-suche.html?srch=%s"
  and that page does the transformation
-----8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<--------
-8-<----

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function init() {
  param = window.location.search;
  if (param != "") {
    param = param.substring(6);
    param = decodeURI(param);

    document.forms[0].elements[0].value = param;
    document.forms[0].submit();
  } else {
    document.forms[0].elements[0].focus();
  }
  return
}
//-->
</script>
<noscript></noscript>

<form name="search" method="post"
action="http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/">
  <input type="text" name="field-keywords" size="40" maxlength="200">
  <input type="submit">
  <input type="hidden" name="size" value=10>
  <input type="hidden" name="url" value="index=blended">
</form>

-----8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<---------8-<--------
-8-<----

You can create that page by extracting the form from a page and type in the
absolute
url as action.

Works very well for me

Jan

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:

> I am using marc.theaimsgroup.com as list archive.
> For all IE users: you can customize IE so that you can search there
> easily by editing
> the windows registry:

Have you check firefox?
Check this add-on: