Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu> on 2015/08/03 19:18:55 UTC

Moving spark-ec2 to amplab github organization

Hi Mesos developers

The Apache Spark project has been hosting using
https://github.com/mesos/spark-ec2 as a supporting repository for some
of our EC2 scripts. This is a remnant from the days when the Spark
project itself was hosted at github.com/mesos/spark. Based on
discussions in the Spark Developer mailing list [1], we plan to move
the repository to github.com/amplab/spark-ec2 to enable a better
development workflow. As these scripts are not used by the Apache
Mesos project I don’t think any action is required from the Mesos
developers, but please let me know if you have any thoughts about
this.

Thanks
Shivaram

[1] http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Re-Should-spark-ec2-get-its-own-repo-td13151.html