Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Edge <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/18 04:00:08 UTC

Aligning Cassandra CQL documentation

Hi,

It seems there are 2-3 sets of Cassandra CQL documentation that should be
updated if we make any changes to CQL.

   - https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql3/CQL.html, which can be updated
   by applying changes to cassandra/doc/cql3/CQL.textile
   - The 'help' function within cqlsh, which can be updated by applying
   changes to cqlsh.py
   -
   http://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.3/cql/cql_reference/cqlRefcreateType.html,
   the official Datastax docs.

How do we make the changes to the Datastax docs to align them with the
other two sets of docs?

Are there any other docs that should also be updated?

Regards,

Michael

Re: Aligning Cassandra CQL documentation

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Fyi, CASSANDRA-7225 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7225)
to basically make cqlsh point to the CQL doc to avoid that kind of
inconsistencies/duplicate work as much as possible.

You send an email to docs@datastax.com.