Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Chuck Carson <Ch...@WebSite.WS> on 2001/01/21 23:47:39 UTC

DB Connection Pooling

Does Tomcat support of persistent pool of database connections? ie. This way
a servlet can simply refer to this pool and not have to establish a
connection itself.

Thanks,
CC

Re: DB Connection Pooling

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 1/21/01 2:47 PM, "Chuck Carson" <Ch...@WebSite.WS> wrote:

> Does Tomcat support of persistent pool of database connections? ie. This way
> a servlet can simply refer to this pool and not have to establish a
> connection itself.
>
> Thanks,
> CC

No, this isn't something that is done in the servlet engine, this is
something that you should do externally. There are several database pools
available...I personally prefer the one in Turbine...

<http://java.apache.org/turbine/>

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.