Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com> on 2003/07/29 03:54:22 UTC

trunk config, fonts

Hi crew:

1. In the maintenance branch, the -x command-line option appears to *only*
spit out the configuration information, then bail out. Is that the desired
behavior? If so, I should probably update the doc to reflect that.

2. In the trunk, the -x command-line option seems to be ignored. Also,
AFAICT, the -c option appears to be ignored as well. At least custom font
information seems to be ignored, with no message being logged to tell what
is going on. (I tested identical setups with the maintenance branch, which
works, and the trunk, which does not). Have our command-line options and/or
our configuration file format changed? Or is something broken?

Victor Mote

Re: trunk config, fonts

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Until recently, the command-line interface of the trunk was basically
> ignored due to other priorities. Configuration certainly has changed a
> bit, but is obviously unfinished (Gradual move to Avalon Configuration,
> inrtoduction of the Confihurable interface, work in progress). IMO it's
> low priority to fix the command-line in the trunk. Until we have some
> almost-0.20.5-level in layout, the CLI is not very helpful.

It may not be too much of a loss, but I won't be able to test the trunk
until either a CLI is implemented, or I learn to run Java applets...

Web Maestro Clay

Re: trunk config, fonts

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 29.07.2003 03:54:22 Victor Mote wrote:
> 2. In the trunk, the -x command-line option seems to be ignored. Also,
> AFAICT, the -c option appears to be ignored as well. At least custom font
> information seems to be ignored, with no message being logged to tell what
> is going on. (I tested identical setups with the maintenance branch, which
> works, and the trunk, which does not). Have our command-line options and/or
> our configuration file format changed? Or is something broken?

Jeremias Maerki