Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 13:04:51 UTC

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.1 Release Candidate 1

On 2/24/11 12:37 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> our first OpenNLP 1.5.1 Release Candidate is ready for testing.
>
> It can be found here:
> http://people.apache.org/~joern/releases/opennlp-1.5.1-incubating/rc1/
>
> Please test it as good as you can and check that it meets all the
> Apache rules.
> I will do all the historic regression testing with my private data
> against this candidate.

While doing more extensive testing I found out that I made a serious mistake
while re-factoring the Name Finder for 1.5. The feature generation
always runs with
two set of feature generators. One created by the NameFindeME during
initialization
and one created by the context generator.

We have to fix this (OPENNLP-138) before we can release 1.5.1.

It is not a problem for many as long as no custom feature
generation is used or multiple NameFinderME instances run in multiple
threads.

For the next RC I will also fix OPENNLP-135.

Jörn