Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2004/02/06 20:41:19 UTC

differences between rc3 and rc5

Hello.
There are a few things that I have noticed between the two release
candidates and I wanted to check on that.

1) What happened to that nice INFO message that used to show up in
   my logs telling me all the details of my connection?  Has that
   been relegated to DEBUG or is it gone?

2) What is the deal with SequenceManagerNativeImpl?  I want to use
   it for identities for mysql.  I was going to use SequenceManagerMySQLImpl
   but it is supposedly deprecated and I should use the first one for
   all.  But the docs that I downloaded for rc5 say that for mysql
   I should use SequenceManagerMySQLImpl.  So what gives?

3) Lastly, and this isn't that big of a deal, what jars are ACTUALLY
   required to run db-ojb-rc5.jar?  It comes with a ton of them and
   the list of required jars seems awfully long.  Is there a short list?
   Do I always need crossdb.jar?  jcs.jar?  I am fairly sure that I
   would only use this for caching.  p6spy.jar?  I know it reads sql
   statements, so is it used for logging?  prevalayer.jar?

Thanks so much for clearing some of these things up.  Big fan of the
product!

Charlie