Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Thomas Kuhn <th...@sphere.ae> on 2007/06/17 15:23:27 UTC

sdo as Eclipse plugins

Hi,

I want to use SDO for my Eclipse RCP application. I can compile it, however
when I run the application, I get a

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: commonj/sdo/DataObject

Here the modified manifest:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: Apache Maven
Built-By: ibm_user
Build-Jdk: 1.5.0
Extension-Name: sdo-api-r2.1
Specification-Title: API classes for Service Data Objects
Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Title: sdo-api-r2.1
Implementation-Version: 1.0-incubating-beta1
Export-Package: commonj.sdo.impl;version=2.1, commonj.sdo;version=2.1,
  commonj.sdo.helper;version=2.1
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-SymbolicName: commonj.sdo
Bundle-Name: SDO API
Bundle-Localization: plugin
Bundle-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Bundle-Classpath: .
Bundle-Description: API classes for Service Data Objects

I changed the bundle version to 1.0.0, as discussed in another thread of
this list.

Any ideas?

Further, I did not find the following plugin: org.apache.tuscany.sdo.spec.
Where is it located at?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

RE: sdo as Eclipse plugins

Posted by Thomas Kuhn <th...@sphere.ae>.
Kelvin,

That was the cause, thank you very much for the hint!

Further, I had to change the Manifest in order to see the exported packages
in Eclipse plugin-runtime. I made it look similar to the one in sdo.impl /
sdo.tools. I did't investigate in what excactly was causing this problem.
Everything works fine now. My current MANIFEST.MF of the
sdo-api-r2.1-1.0-incubating-beta1.jar looks like this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: Apache Maven
Built-By: ibm_user
Build-Jdk: 1.5.0
Extension-Name: sdo-api-r2.1
Specification-Title: API classes for Service Data Objects
Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Title: sdo-api-r2.1
Implementation-Version: 1.0-incubating-beta1
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: SDO API
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.tuscany.sdo.spec
Bundle-Version: 2.1.0
Bundle-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Export-Package: commonj.sdo.impl;version=2.1.0, commonj.sdo;version=2.1.0,
  commonj.sdo.helper;version=2.1.0

Tom.

  I'm no OSGi expert,  but I note in Bryan's post to tuscany-user [1] that
he has the Bundle-SymbolicName org.apache.tuscany.sdo.spec whereas you have
commonj.sdo.  Is this the answer?
Regards, Kelvin.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-user/200705.mbox/%3CFE87