Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by harish suvarna <hs...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/09 03:57:30 UTC

Additional params for Restful services

Is it possible to add additional parameters for the restful api for
enahancement engine? Lets say I want to tell it to compute the top 20
keywords only.

--
Thanks
Harish

Re: Additional params for Restful services

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Year this does go in the direction what is planed. Let me summarize:

* new enhancer/task API: This will allow to send an EnhancementJob
with the request. As part of the Request users will be able to define
the EnhancementChain, EnhancementEngine parameters the content to
analyze or an URI where Stanbol should retrieve the content from. Even
asynchronous execution by parsing a callback URI is planed.
* extension of the current RESTful enhancer service with some of the
features of the task API. Parsing EnhancementEngine parameters as you
suggested could be one of those.

However to support all this we need first change the Enhancer services
API: EnhancementEngines will get a 2nd parameter called
enhancementProperties parsed in their canEnhance(..) and
computeEnhancement(..) methods. The current idea is that
enhancementProperties will use Dictionary<String,Object> to make them
similar to the OSGI ComponentContext#getProperties().

Also the internal Enhancer API will change. We plan to add a new
EnhancementJob Interface. The EnhancementJob will cover both Content
specific information - the contentItem - and information describing
the processing state. Processing specific data will include the
EnhancementProperties, the EnhancementChain as well as the
ExecutionMetadata. The EnhancementJobManager will get EnhancementJobs
parsed and is responsible to execute them. EnhancementEngines will not
have access to the EnhancementJob, but only to the
EnhancementProperties.

Al he above is also discussed referenced in

>> [1] http://markmail.org/message/zqztwjhndwj74jqv

With this system in place you will be able to parse EnhancementJob
specific parameters to EnhancementEngines

best
Rupert

best
Rupert