Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/02/06 11:59:41 UTC

New imageop block in 2.1

About the [1]imageop contribution, could someone explain how I can
add a block  in Cocoon 2.1?  Does it involve  adding the new block
in gump.xml?   Does the build  depend on gump.xml directly,  or is
there an intermediate step required?

Please find attached the current patch against gump.xml.

Thanks in advance,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1301

Re: New imageop block in 2.1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Bertrand Delacretaz:

> Le 8 févr. 06, à 09:36, Jean-Baptiste Quenot a écrit :
>
> > * Daniel Fagerstrom:
> >
> > > You  also  need to  update  blocks.properties  with the  new
> > > block. That  can  either  be   done  manually  or  with  the
> > > generate-blocks.properties task.
> >
> > Thank you, I was missing this bit of info.
>
> I  have re-added  this  info where  it belongs,  at  the top  of
> blocks.properties, by modifying gump2blocks.properties.xsl

The  updated  blocks.properties  also  modifies  the  dependencies
descriptions, which means the file has been edited by hand.

So, thank  you for  bringing this precision,  this may  be helpful
also to others.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Re: New imageop block in 2.1

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 8 févr. 06, à 09:36, Jean-Baptiste Quenot a écrit :

> * Daniel Fagerstrom:
>
>> You  also   need  to  update  blocks.properties   with  the  new
>> block. That   can  either   be   done  manually   or  with   the
>> generate-blocks.properties task.
>
> Thank you, I was missing this bit of info.

I have re-added this info where it belongs, at the top of
blocks.properties, by modifying gump2blocks.properties.xsl

-Bertrand

Re: New imageop block in 2.1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Daniel Fagerstrom:

Re: New imageop block in 2.1

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Jean-Baptiste Quenot skrev:
> About the [1]imageop contribution, could someone explain how I can
> add a block  in Cocoon 2.1?

Take a look at some of the blocks in src/blocks and make sure that the
block you like to add follow the same directory structure.

> Does it involve  adding the new block
> in gump.xml?   Does the build  depend on gump.xml directly,

Yes, there is some xslt that is called by the prepare-blocks target in
tools/target/compile-build.xml that create ant targets for the blocks
based on the gump.xml.

> or is
> there an intermediate step required?

Not AFAIR.

You also need to update blocks.properties with the new block. That can
either be done manually or with the generate-blocks.properties task.

For blocks with jars one need to update lib/jars.xml and legal.

> Please find attached the current patch against gump.xml.

Haven't added any blocks lately so I don't remember enough to be able to
evaluate it.

/Daniel