Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Srinivas Rao <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/01 06:23:38 UTC

Getting the values from Popup window to Parent window if Multiple text fields in parent window

Hi guys,

I am facing samll problem , it's a simple one but i don't know what is the wrong i am doing ...
Please help me..
My problem is ...
I have parent window and child window (ie popup window)..If i entered
the value into text field to popup window then the value come to the parent window if i closed the child window. Here it is working when single file but if it is multiple files,it's not working .I thing in child window cannot identify the relevant text field.

the code is here .....

This is Parent window code.........

function showList() {
alert("Call Show List");
sList = window.open("/MTProd/ps/Supervisorcomment.jsp", "list", "width=750,height=510");
}

Chile window Code......

function append()
{
alert(window.opener.document.supervisorDeskActionForm.getElementById("stockBox").value);
document.getElementById("comment").value=
window.opener.document.supervisorDeskActionForm.getElementById("stockBox").value;
}

function pickinf() {
if (window.opener & !window.opener.closed)
{
window.opener.document.supervisorDeskActionForm.stockBox.value
= document.getElementById("comment").value;
}
window.close();
}

This is the code ....

Please tell me what is the wrong i am doing now...

Thanks to replay to me.....

Thanks
Srinivas.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Getting the values from Popup window to Parent window if Multiple text fields in parent window

Posted by Henrique VIECILI <vi...@softplan.com.br>.
If your filefields have all the same id or name you will get an array of them, then you should access them like an array.

By example:

HTML:
File 1: <input type="file" id="myFile" />
File n: <input type="file" id="myFile" />

JAVASCRIPT
var files = document.getElementById("myFile");

for( i = 0; i < files.length; i++)
    alert(files[i].value);

Henrique Viecili