Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Aigner, Thomas" <TA...@WescoDist.com> on 2005/08/01 22:22:03 UTC

Question on Wildcard

Hi all,
	I have a Punctuation Filter that filters out certain criteria
(ex. - and /).  This filter is called whenever I search for normal
items.. Search 56-TXT
The filter does not seem to be called when I search for 56-TXT* even
though I use my extended analyzer which has the filter in it so the
items are not found due to the token being 56TXT due to the filter.

Any ideas?

Thanks all,
Tom

Re: Question on Wildcard

Posted by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de>.
On Monday 01 August 2005 22:22, Aigner, Thomas wrote:

> The filter does not seem to be called when I search for 56-TXT* even
> though I use my extended analyzer which has the filter in it so the
> items are not found due to the token being 56TXT due to the filter.

The specified analyzer if not used for wildcard, fuzzy, and prefix queries.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de