Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Ulicny <cu...@iq.media> on 2018/02/22 13:05:49 UTC

Problems with DocExpirationUpdateProcessor with Secured SolrCloud

Hi,

We recently setup a 7.2.1 cloud with the intent to have the documents be
automatically deleted from the collection using the
DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory. We also have the cloud secured using
the BasicAuthenticationPlugin. Our current config settings are below.

The deployment is 3 nodes, each with a single solr instance which host a
single replica for the collection. The collection itself only has 1 shard,
so we have 3 copies (all NRT) of the same index.

What keeps happening is that the follower replicas end up being published
in a down state by the leader replica on the first autoDelete pass since it
doesn't authenticate the distributed updates. Relevant log dump:
https://pastebin.com/ZtirJLSu

Is there something that we were missing when we set this up? Besides the
replicas going down, the processor works as expected on the leader replica.

Thanks,
Chris

  <initParams path="/update/**">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="_ttl_">+300SECONDS</str>
    </lst>
    <lst name="appends">
      <str name="update.chain">doc-expiration-processor-chain</str>
    </lst>
  </initParams>

  <updateRequestProcessorChain name="doc-expiration-processor-chain">
    <processor class="solr.processor.DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory">
      <null name="ttlFieldName"/>
      <str name="expirationFieldName">_expireat_</str>
      <str name="ttlParamName">_ttl_</str>
      <int name="autoDeletePeriodSeconds">300</int>
    </processor>
    <processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory"/>
    <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory"/>
  </updateRequestProcessorChain>