Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Samar Abbas Lotia <sl...@nQuire.com> on 2001/09/28 20:10:58 UTC

core dump on Solaris 8 when exceptions raised

Hi all,

I am using Sun Forte 6 Update 1 (C++ compiler version 5.2) and I see the
following problem.

When I compile with optimizations on xerces crashes when an exception is
raised. The easiest way I can reproduce the problem is to try and parse a
file that doesn't exist, i.e.

DOMParser tParser;
tParser.parse("/doesnotexist.xml");

I saw some discussion in the list archives regarding this problem and the
solution discovered was installation of patch 107390-10. However, this
discussion was particular to the 5.0 version of the compiler. I was
wondering if someone has seen similar problems with 5.2 and/or if there are
patches applicable to this release of the compiler that address the problem.

The code works fine when compiling with the '-g' flag and no optimizations.

SAL