Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Jmeas Apache <jm...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 23:15:52 UTC

Angular branch: built files

Questions about our built files:

Javascript:
The built script files are minified but not concatenated. Is this for
development only or is this also used in production?

Right now the Javascript alone is responsibility for 20+ HTTP requests on
page load. We could make this a single request if we wanted, which would
speed up page load times.

Images:
No sprites are being built. Same Q: is this dev only or also production?

These are small things, but they're enhancements that can be added
transparently to the developer with a tool like Grunt. Taken together there
can be huge performance boosts on page load time, especially on mobile.

If we don't have these things set up, is this something we're interested in
spending time on?

Re: Angular branch: built files

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Jmeas Apache <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Questions about our built files:
>
> Javascript:
> The built script files are minified but not concatenated. Is this for
> development only or is this also used in production?
>
> Right now the Javascript alone is responsibility for 20+ HTTP requests on
> page load. We could make this a single request if we wanted, which would
> speed up page load times.
>
> Images:
> No sprites are being built. Same Q: is this dev only or also production?
>
> These are small things, but they're enhancements that can be added
> transparently to the developer with a tool like Grunt. Taken together there
> can be huge performance boosts on page load time, especially on mobile.
>
> If we don't have these things set up, is this something we're interested in
> spending time on?

We are always interested in improving speed.