Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by bugfactory anonyme <bu...@hotmail.com> on 2005/09/29 16:03:51 UTC

Jmeter and using a proxy except for certain requests.

Hello.

I want to load test a complex web site that uses multiple servers. To access
some of them, I have to go through a proxy. To access other, I have to not
go through a proxy.

Firefox, for instance, can choose not to use a proxy for certain servers
(usually localhost). However, Jmeter has to be configured through a command
line (such as jmeter -H my.proxy.server -P 8000 -u username -a password) and
I cannot find such an option.

Does anyone know how to do that? Alternatively, can I dynamically change the
proxy in a test plan?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Jmeter and using a proxy except for certain requests.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, it's not possible to fix this for the standard HTTP
implementation, as the proxy handling is done by the Java library
code. There does not seem to be any way to control the proxy used,
apart from setting the appropriate properties. I suppose one could try
setting the appropriate properties every time a connection was
created, but this would require synchronizing, and there's no control
over connection re-use.

However, the Apache HTTP Client implementation does allow the proxy to
be set on a per connection basis, so it would be possible to add this.

May I suggest filing a Bugzilla enhancement request?

S.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.