Posted to user@flume.apache.org by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/04 07:03:00 UTC

Operation category WRITE/READ is not supported in state standby

Hi users

  We adopt  HDFS HA in our environment within Hadoop-2.2.0.After
failover,the original namenode comes out lots of  ERROR log as [1]:
  We do the failover serval times,other READ ERROR logs also come out[1] .

  My questions:

  1.When could the WRITE or READ error log come out
  2.Is the WRITE or READ error log normal becase of the HA,Is there any
solution to avoid this?
     We had copied  the core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml to the Flume config
dir ,just like what we had done  within Hbase.Suppose to avoid this problem
,Unfortunately ,the error logs still come out.
     Yet  the hdfs.path has been changed to hdfs://*nameservice*/flume/...

[1]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013-12-04 11:32:35,303 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException
as:hadoop (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException:
Operation category WRITE is not supported in state standby

2013-12-04 11:50:46,620 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException
as:hadoop (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException:
Operation category READ is not supported in state standby

Regards