Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/05/09 15:54:00 UTC

Errors mirroring legacy OOo

Peter, do you have any ideas on this problem?

-Rob

Re: Errors mirroring legacy OOo

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Peter Pöml <pe...@poeml.de> wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 01:23:23PM +0200, Carsten Otto wrote:
>> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:33:11PM +0200, Carsten Otto wrote:
>> > I'll deactivate synchronization now, though.
>>
>> Could you please send around some information about the current status
>> of OOo? So far I just noticed errors, no information whatsoever.
>
> I can't really give you (or anyone else) a status update, because I
> don't have one myself. The mirror mailing list was unfortunately taken
> down without notice (at least I who ran the list received only a
> "goodbye, editor" message) and thereby the communication channel to the
> mirrors was gone. If there was information given by the people who are
> now in control, I don't know. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be a
> successor mailing list. At least I don't know about one (pointers
> appreciated).

Creating a new mailing list is easy.  But do you know who was
subscribed to the old list?  That is the hard part, bootstrapping the
new subscriber list.

-Rob

Posted by Peter Pöml <pe...@poeml.de>.
Hi Carsten,

Posted by Carsten Otto <ot...@informatik.rwth-aachen.de>.
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:33:11PM +0200, Carsten Otto wrote:
> I'll deactivate synchronization now, though.

Could you please send around some information about the current status
of OOo? So far I just noticed errors, no information whatsoever.

Best regards,

Posted by Carsten Otto <ot...@informatik.rwth-aachen.de>.
Hi,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:19:48PM +0200, =?utf-8?Q? Dr._Peter_P=C3=B6ml ?= wrote:
> quite simply, rsync.services.openoffice.org resolves to three IP
> addresses, and one of them doesn't seem to mirror OOo anymore. So
> somebody needs to fix the DNS, or fix that server - but there is not
> much point in syncing anyway, because no changes occur on these
> servers anymore. At least not that I'm aware of. As far as I know,
> there are no changes in the file tree anymore. Since nothing needs to
> be synced, there is no real need for tier 1 mirrors.

Some official announcement for this would be really appreciated.

Posted by "Dr. Peter Pöml" <pe...@poeml.de>.
Hi,