Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Salman Hussain <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/11 20:25:18 UTC

Using Cayenne with unsupported relational databases

Hi Andrus Adamchik,

    The supported databases by Cayenne listed at
https://cayenne.apache.org/database-support.html are
DB2, Derby, FrontBase, HSQLDB, H2, Ingres, MySQL, OpenBase, Oracle,
PostgreSQL, SQLite, SQLServer, Sybase.

But I wish to use Cayenne with Altibase (http://www.altibase.com/), a
database not supported by Cayenne.
Could you please let me know if it is possible to use Cayenne with Altibase
and the steps to acheive the same?

Thanks
Salman Hussain

--
Sent from: http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/Cayenne-User-f196.html

Re: Using Cayenne with unsupported relational databases

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
(the original message came through moderation, so I am cc'ying to the author)

Looks like there is a JDBC driver for Altibase:

http://kr.altibase.com/tech-doc/java-developers-guide-2/ <http://kr.altibase.com/tech-doc/java-developers-guide-2/>

So if you are lucky things may just work with Cayenne generic adapter out of the box. On other DBs most DB-specific aspects are related to manipulating table schema from Cayenne (which you don't have to do). If you work with an existing schema, default SQL generated by the framework usually works.

E.g. I am running Cayenne apps against Hana DB, for which we don't have an adapter. And it works. The only issue that we found there was caused by a driver bug (so I still maintain a private adapter for Hana until that is fixed).

But YMMV of course. Like Mike said, just try it, and if things don't work, come to the mailing list for help.

Andrus

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Salman,