Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by june wang <jj...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/09 19:23:56 UTC

smtp problem

Hi:

I am  running  James  2.0a2  together  with  MySQL,  JDK 1.3_03 and
annother process (5-10 heavily loaded threads) that I use to get mail
from external POP3 servers.

My  problem  is  that from time to time, access to James server using
POP3/SMTP  simply does not work. I only get something like "server is not
ready".

The weirdest thing is that the exception below only showed up yesterday when
I moved my database over to run on the same box as the james server.  But I
had the smtp problem for about a week now, and when database is running on a
seperate machine, there is no visible exceptions.

Any ideas?

thx,

June.

Exception in processor <root>
javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to parse headers from stream:
java.sql.SQLException: Communica
tion link failure: java.net.SocketException- [spool/Mail1026233288728-46];

nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure:
java.net.SocketExcep
tion- [spool/Mail1026233288728-46]

        at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.loadHeaders(MimeMessageWrapper.java:75)
        at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.getAllHeaders(MimeMessageWrapper.java:547)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.matchers.RelayLimit.match(RelayLimit.java:34)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:148)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:243)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:210)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.jav
a:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:80)