Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 1999/11/17 21:15:10 UTC

Working on autoconfing Apache 2.0

FYI, I'm attempting to build an autoconf/automake/libtool setup for
Apache 2.0. I'm essentially taking the PHP4 configure stuff and using
that as a basis for the work.

My plan is to try as much as possible to build the auto* stuff into
the existing structure, so that until it works well, someone can
either use the old configuration routines or auto*.

Once the new config stuff works well enough to not get in the way of
coding, we'd throw away the old config stuff, and then clean up the
locations of files to fit more naturally into autoconf's way.

One thing that I may want to do now, though, is move each module into
its own directory. It makes per-module configuration far simpler, and
makes the m4 code to add a module to the compile more uniform. I'm
trying to find a decent way of pulling this off without rearranging
that part of the tree right now, but this might be a difficult
exercise.

Any objections to any of the above? Suggestions and help are of course
very very welcome.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development

Re: Working on autoconfing Apache 2.0

Posted by tv...@aventail.com.
Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@raleigh.ibm.com> writes:

> FYI, I'm attempting to build an autoconf/automake/libtool setup for
> Apache 2.0. I'm essentially taking the PHP4 configure stuff and using
> that as a basis for the work.

Happy, happpy, joy, joy. Thanks.

-Tom