Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nik Roberts <ne...@ts.com> on 2001/05/18 10:17:55 UTC

sql queries, mysql and comments

Hello,

I'm starting to use the 'sql' task to rebuild our database. We use mysql and
I've noticed that the sql task expects either '//' or '--' as comment
markers.  Mysql, unfortunately, uses '#'.

The .sql build file is created by using mysqldump, which inserts all of the
'#' comments.  And the sql task then falls over because it can't understand
the line.

I know I could just change the .sql file before running the sql task, but
this doesn't feel right.

Does anyone know of any other ways around this, or whether the sql task is
changing?

thanks,

nik roberts

Re: sql queries, mysql and comments

Posted by Ian McFarland <ia...@neo.com>.
Given that it's Open Source, seems like it would be easy to fix. Maybe
easier than stripping the comments first, even. ;-) Seems like a nice
thing to contribute back to the project. Of course I haven't looked at
the source code myself, but then I just wrote my first task this
afternoon, and it only took about a half hour, from learning what to do
to compiled-and-working task.

-Ian