Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2008/08/18 14:53:47 UTC

[summary][vote] David Legg as new Cocoon committer

Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to propose David Legg as a new Cocoon committer and PMC
> Member.

During the time period there were no negative votes, and more than 3
positive votes.

So David, welcome as a new Apache Cocoon committer!

Here are the next steps. There is no rush. You can provide
the answers here or use the private AT cocoon.a.o address if
you prefer.

We are generally following the procedure at:
http://www.apache.org/dev/#pmc
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter

You need to send a Contributor License Agreement to the ASF.
Normally you would send just an Individual CLA. If you also make
contributions done in work time or using work resources then
see the additional Corporate CLA. It is up to you if you
need that additional CLA, as the Individual CLA declares that
you are legally entitled. Ask us if you have any issues.
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

You need to choose a preferred ASF user name and alternatives.
See the existing names http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

When we see the ASF volunteer secretary record the receipt of
the CLA in an svn commit, we can proceed to ask Infrastructure
to set up your account.

The developer section of the website describes the roles
and provides other resources. Especially important are
the ones for "new committers".
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/

Finally, it is a good tradition that a new committer introduces himself on this list.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [summary][vote] David Legg as new Cocoon committer

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

David Legg wrote:
> Once again, I'd like to thank the community for accepting me as a
> Cocoon committer.
>
>> Finally, it is a good tradition that a new committer introduces
>> himself on this list.
>
> I'm an English web developer, married with a child and working in
> Bracknell, England.  I've been lurking around Cocoon for what seems
> like forever (read 2000).  Back then SoC (Separation of Concerns), XML
> and XSLT were all shiny and new.
>
> I started my career back in 1984 writing 8086 assembler for a chess
> games company (oh yes!  non of that 8-bit rubbish for me!).  I even
> remember wondering if I should download Minix or something called
> Linux from some student upstart called Linus Torvalds ;-)  The best
> thing I learnt from these early days was a healthy respect for
> designing memory efficient software.
Goodness, gracious - that means you either started writing code in the
crib or you are almost as old as me!

> Gradually and inevitably I moved over from writing system software and
> firmware to this new fangled thing called the web.  This is where I
> fell in love with Java, Tomcat and JSP programming.
You fell in love with JSPs? I have no idea what to say to that!

> My current interests lie in the semantic web and the world of
> triplestores, inference engines and RDF and how to do something useful
> with it all.  You can be sure I'll be trying to glue it together with
> Cocoon.
>
> It's a privilege to be a part of this project.
>
> David Legg

Welcome, David!

Ralph

Re: [summary][vote] David Legg as new Cocoon committer

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.