Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by shoab alam <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 14:36:29 UTC

ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON and ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID

Can we use message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON,"51
18 * * ?"); and this
essage.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID,"Some Unique
ID"); simultaneously.???

when  i use only
message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON,"51 18 * *
?"); i get the messages on schedule but the AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID on it are NULL.

and when i use both simultaneously as below the messages are delivered as
soon as they are scheduled with the AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID :-

jmsTemplate.send(new MessageCreator() {
@Override
public Message createMessage(Session session) throws JMSException {
	TextMessage message = session.createTextMessage();
	message.setText("Message for"+msgId);
        message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON, "51
18 * * ?");
	message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID,"Some Unique
ID");
	return message;
}
});

I need the Unique ID  on each message as i shall remove some of them in
future and replace them with new messages.

Please Help!!!!

Re: ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON and ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 12/02/2013 08:36 AM, shoab alam wrote:
> Can we use message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON,"51
> 18 * * ?"); and this
> essage.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID,"Some Unique
> ID"); simultaneously.???
>
> when  i use only
> message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON,"51 18 * *
> ?"); i get the messages on schedule but the AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID on it are NULL.
>
> and when i use both simultaneously as below the messages are delivered as
> soon as they are scheduled with the AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID :-
>
> jmsTemplate.send(new MessageCreator() {
> @Override
> public Message createMessage(Session session) throws JMSException {
> 	TextMessage message = session.createTextMessage();
> 	message.setText("Message for"+msgId);
>          message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_CRON, "51
> 18 * * ?");
> 	message.setStringProperty(ScheduledMessage.AMQ_SCHEDULED_ID,"Some Unique
> ID");
> 	return message;
> }
> });
>
> I need the Unique ID  on each message as i shall remove some of them in
> future and replace them with new messages.
>
> Please Help!!!!

Seems like there could be a bug there, best to create a unit test and
attach it to a Jira issue for investigation.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.