Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by A Laxmi <a....@gmail.com> on 2013/10/05 17:07:33 UTC

HBase Pseudo distributed or Fully distributed mode for Nutch 2.2.1?

Hi,

I have a single Linux (Ubuntu) server in Development environment and I plan
to use a single server for Production environment as well.

I am using HBase 0.90.6 as a backend datastore for Nutch 2.2.1. I have
tried standalone mode of HBase and it works fine for smaller crawls only.
Now, I plan to crawl extensively in a bit larger scale trying to achieve
300K urls data and hence I would like to migrate from standalone to a
distributed mode. However, **I don't intend to use multiple machines. All I
have is a single server, so which mode of HBase is ideal for Production
environment in my case - pseudo or fully-distributed?

Thanks for your help!

Re: HBase Pseudo distributed or Fully distributed mode for Nutch 2.2.1? fully-distributed

Posted by A Laxmi <a....@gmail.com>.
Julien - Thanks so much for your input! I will try the pseudo-distributed
mode.
When I said manipulating crawled data - I would like to play with the
parsed content of the crawl to clean the "clutter" it grabs while crawling
like - navigation, text on banner, header etc., so I can have a rich
snippet(or text summary).

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Julien Nioche <lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
*

Posted by A Laxmi <a....@gmail.com>.
Markus - Thanks for your input! I need a way to manipulate crawled data so
I have chosen 2.x over 1.x. Yeah, I really don't have large volumes of
data, at the max I am looking at is anywhere from 300k to 500k records down
the line. To start off with, I will have 300K records.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by A Laxmi <a....@gmail.com>.
Renato - Yes, both HBase and Nutch are inside the same server.

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by A Laxmi <a....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Talat!

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

if you are using a single server for production then you will be using a
single server for Hbase as well right? So you should use standalone mode as
you will use the file system directly. Pseudo distributed mode could be
another option but probably would have more overhead and no advantage in
the short term as it will be checking for services on the network while
everything is on the same server.

Renato M.

Posted by Talat UYARER <ta...@agmlab.com>.
Hi,

Hbase use hdfs file system. Hdfs is fully-distributed. Nutch use
mapreduce framework from hadoop. Pseudo mode just only development
envoirment. I dont recommend for large scale crawlers. But if you crawl