Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Oliver Hirschi <o....@bluewin.ch> on 2007/05/11 14:13:24 UTC

Database connection over soap

Hi

I have two different java-client, which makes jdbc-connection to a
mysql-database. Now, I would like to implement some functionality to
soap-web-services on the server, i.e. there will be several services
which the client is calling by soap, the services makes some
database-querys and give back the answers (e.g. the Resultset in a
vector, or the resultset as xml, etc.).

I didn't implement soap-web-services till now, so my generally
questions are:
- Is there a session- and application-management, e.g. to store the
database-connection, so I don't have to open a database-connection by
every call of a service? Or have I to make a connection every call of a
web-service?
- If there is a session- and application-management, have someone links
to examples aboput it? Till now, I have only found really trivial
examples like "Hello World" about webservices.

Thanks & regards
--
Oliver Hirschi
http://www.FamilyHirschi.ch