Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by albert quinn <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/14 23:32:25 UTC

POJO Web Service, AxisFaults, RemoteExceptions, RPCServiceClient

 Hi !! :

 I'd like to develop a web service in Axis 2 the easiest way
possible. So, I'd like to develop a POJO, and then generate a POJO Web
Service from it with the "Axis 2 Service Archiver" Eclipse plugin.

 I'd like my POJO Web Service throwed RemoteExceptions or AxisFaults
and develop a RPCServiceClient catching that exceptions/faults,
something like this :

[web service]

if(anErrorHappened) throw AxisFault/RemoteException;

[web service]

[RPCServiceClient]
try {
returned_object = call_the_pojo_web_service(parameters);
}
catch (AxisFault e) {
 // AxisFault or RemoteException
 print_an_error(e);
}
[RPCServiceClient]

 I've been trying to do something like that but i couldn't make it
work . My test Web Service returns a String and the client receives
the AxisFault/RemoteException message throwed from the Web Service as
it was the returned value from the Web Service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, so I'd
been able to know in the client side if an error happened in the
server side.

 The question is : is that scenario supported? If not... which is the
best choice to do it easy and with AxisFaults/RemoteExceptions? where
could i find more information about that (I've already read the Axis 2
docs)?

 Thanks to everybody!.