Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hubert BEHAGHEL <hb...@sysdeo.com> on 2004/05/14 11:07:09 UTC

mysterious maven.src.dir

Hi,

I can't get the purpose of the property maven.src.dir : should it depend
on the type of my projects or is it always ${basedir}/src ?

I tried the dist goal over a war project (with no {basedir}/src dir) and
it failed because of this missing directory.

Hubert BEHAGHEL                                       Ingénieur d'étude
SYSDEO                                            http://www.sysdeo.com
98, route de la reine                              hbehaghel@sysdeo.com
92100 Boulogne Billancourt                            +33 6 21 03 43 32

Re: mysterious maven.src.dir

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 10:00, Hubert BEHAGHEL wrote:
> Eric Pugh wrote:
>
> >By default, maven expects all source to be in {basedir}/src.
> >
> Thanks Eric, but so, what is the difference between maven.src.dir and
> pom.build.sourceDirectory ? When should we use what ?

You should use pom.build.sourceDirectory. The property maven.src.dir is
vestigal and will be phased out eventually. We are trying to move all
control to the POM.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: mysterious maven.src.dir

Posted by Hubert BEHAGHEL <hb...@sysdeo.com>.

RE: mysterious maven.src.dir

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
By default, maven expects all source to be in {basedir}/src..  However, if
you project is different, say {basedir}/source, then in your
project.properties set maven.src.dir=source and it'll work.

Eric