Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/06/19 04:34:05 UTC

Updated 1.1 Release Binaries

I've updated the release with two items.

1. Moved tags/1.1.0 to branches/1.1.0 to address issues raised.  (svn 414978)
2. I corrected the discrepancy about Tomcat logging pointed out by Paul.  (svn 415233)
3. Updated the Release-Notes with the "known issues" (svn 414978)
4. Updated incorrect documentation links in the console (svn 414996)

No other changes were made to the 1.1.0 branch.  I have rebuilt the server and provided updated
links to them below.

*DayTrader Application*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader-ear-1.1-final2.ear

I'm working on a website and documentation to help folks out but the deliverable is the ear above.

*Geronimo 1.1 Version*

    *Source*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final2_src.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final2_src.zip

    *Full J2EE Jetty Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final2.zip

    *Minimal Jetty Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final2.zip

    *Full Tomcat Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final2.zip

    *Minimal Tomcat Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final2.zip

*Geronimo 1.1 Spec Jars*
    http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final2.tar.gz
    http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final2.zip

I believe the above jars represent the only issues that would be considered a stop ship.  To date
only 2 PMC members and a handful of committers have voted.

At what point is the vote called and the distribution allowed?

Matt

Re: Updated 1.1 Release Binaries

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 18, 2006, at 8:03 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> I assume we should all try out these new binaries and then hold a new
> vote?

We did for 1.0.  I suppose it was the right thing to do, but boy what
a PITA and it got to be a bit of a joke.  I'd almost prefer to have
it more lazy as "your +1 still stands unless you explicitly revise it."

> I hope we can get TCK result on the new binaries soon too --
> I'm not sure we should be counting votes until the TCK results are in.

We've typically voted in parallel with the final tck run with
disclaimer text like:

"[ ]  Release 1.1 (assuming tck passes)"

> Another question -- once we vote in the final release, what's the
> procedure for getting the Geronimo files into the Maven 1 and Maven 2
> repositories (e.g. on ibiblio)?  I assume we want to make sure the
> exact files use to construct the official release are pushed to the
> repository?  It doesn't seem so straightforward since the CAR files at
> least are not included in the distribution (I guess we'd want to get
> them from the local Maven repo of the machine that did the build).

It's usually a bit of poking and prodding to get done; a little bit
of scp, rsync, bash, maven fun.  We have to sign them before they go
up, etc.  For 1.0 we built with a completely clean repo, then tar'ed
up the entire repo immediately afterwards.  I assume Matt is
following the same practice on the builds he puts up.

-David.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I assume we should all try out these new binaries and then hold a new
vote?  I hope we can get TCK result on the new binaries soon too --
I'm not sure we should be counting votes until the TCK results are in.

I'm in the process of pushing a set of 1.1 plugins and dependencies to
the plugin repository, so those should show up later tonight.  (Based
on the 1.1.0 branch, since it doesn't seem like we've recreated the
1.1.0 tag yet.)

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 6/19/06, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> No other changes were made to the 1.1.0 branch.  I have rebuilt the server and provided updated
> links to them below.
>
> *DayTrader Application*
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader-ear-1.1-final2.ear
>
> I'm working on a website and documentation to help folks out but the deliverable is the ear above.
>
> *Geronimo 1.1 Version*
>
>     *Source*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final2_src.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final2_src.zip
>
>     *Full J2EE Jetty Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final2.zip
>
>     *Minimal Jetty Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final2.zip
>
>     *Full Tomcat Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final2.zip
>
>     *Minimal Tomcat Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final2.zip

Just to warn others before they rise it up - the urls above are
invalid as they don't contain final-2 in their names (note the hyphen
between final and 2).

> At what point is the vote called and the distribution allowed?

I think it should have started with your announcement the latest
builds were available. I'd change the title of the message to begin
with [VOTE] and resent. Since the above urls are broken it would make
others' lifes easier, too ;-)

> Matt

Jacek

--