Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by SkipWalker <sk...@skipwalker.com> on 2009/10/06 18:22:13 UTC

request for wsdl via causes java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.setXmlStandalone exception

We are using cxf 2.2.2 on the server and our client swing application.  We
have sitemesh, but it's set to exclude /services/* requests.  I noticed just
recently that if I try to request a service wsdl via
/services/ServiceName?WSDL, the error below is thrown.  This isn't happening
in our current production and test environments, so it's something we
changed recently, I just for the life of me can't figure it out.  Oh, FYI,
we are using AegisDatabinding.

The funny thing is that this error doesn't appear to be obviously breaking
functionality in our client app, but it has me worried.

If anyone has any ideas where I might look to figure out what's going on,
I'd appreciate it.  I'm not normally the maintainer of this bit of the
codebase, so I'm a bit of cxf neophyte.

Thanks in advance

[www2] 10-06-2009 11:08 ERROR [http-80-Processor24] [CXFServlet](253) |
Servlet.service() for servlet CXFServlet threw exception
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.setXmlStandalone(Z)V
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.WSDLQueryHandler.updateDoc(WSDLQueryHandler.java:261)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.WSDLQueryHandler.writeResponse(WSDLQueryHandler.java:210)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:154)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractCXFServlet.invoke(AbstractCXFServlet.java:175)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractCXFServlet.doGet(AbstractCXFServlet.java:157)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
	at
com.opensymphony.sitemesh.webapp.SiteMeshFilter.doFilter(SiteMeshFilter.java:65)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
	at
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:164)
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:141)
	at
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:90)
	at
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:406)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
	at
com.gossamer.voyant.webapp.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilterInternal(LocaleFilter.java:68)
	at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/request-for-wsdl-via-causes-java.lang.AbstractMethodError%3A-org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.setXmlStandalone-exception-tp25771975p25771975.html

Re: request for wsdl via causes java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.setXmlStandalone exception

Posted by SkipWalker <sk...@skipwalker.com>.
Yep switching to xercesImpl-2.9.1jar appears to have eliminated the problem.

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/request-for-wsdl-via-causes-java.lang.AbstractMethodError%3A-org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.setXmlStandalone-exception-tp25771975p25780033.html

Posted by SkipWalker <sk...@skipwalker.com>.

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/request-for-wsdl-via-causes-java.lang.AbstractMethodError%3A-org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.setXmlStandalone-exception-tp25771975p25772551.html

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.