Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Carel <ma...@pricerunner.com> on 2006/01/30 17:01:32 UTC

DatePicker in IE: operation aborted

Hi !

I have issues with the DatePicker component using Tap4. Works fine in
Firefox, but I got the "operation aborted" popup in IE, which prevents
from showing the page. Thus, this is critical for our application.

When I have only the DatePicker component in my page, it works fine. But
when I put my border component (rendering headers and footers, which
includes some JS), that's when the problem arises. I cannot guarantee
the JS in those headers/footers is error-free (and I suspect the
DatePicker component is sensitive to JS errors on the same page - for
example more than one </body> tags) and I cannot afford to change any of
the code generated by this border component.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-173

This absolute/relative position issue is not my problem, because when I
have my DatePicker component at the top level (directly under <body>),
but with the border component, I still have the problem.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-222

I added the catch clause in the getPoint() function of DatePicker.js in
tapestry-4.0.jar, but this didn't change anything (even if it is said to
be solved in Tap4).

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-233

I have removed the call to "this._calDiv.focus()" in DatePicker.js in
tapestry-4.0.jar, but this didn't change anything (even if it is said to
be solved in Tap4).

As for the mailing list, there has been some issues with the DatePicker
component and SSL (a missing src attribute), but this is not exactly my
problem.

Any hints would be appreciated.

/Martin

RE: DatePicker in IE: operation aborted

Posted by mos <mo...@inbox.ru>.
where i can find zip file??? in site i can't find, send me mos@inbox.ru or
write here where i find it and integate in project
thank you

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'd be very interested in hearing more about the DatePicker issues. If you
have the time, microsoft has a "script debugger" program you can install
(you can find it on a standard microsoft office installer disk), that will
give you a debugging environment for the page in question, and hopefully
provide a clearer message than "operation aborted" :)

If you get into a desperate situation though and just have to have something
working right now without the time to debug it in IE you can try installing
the tacos DatePicker component from
http://tacos.sourceforge.net/components/DatePicker.html. Functionally it's
no different than the tapestry DatePicker, ie you should only have to change
the component type from @DatePicker to @tacos:DatePicker and everything
should work fine..

I highly reccomend using the "tacos4-alpha-7-pretap4-1" cvs head version for
it though, or wait for the upcoming beta-1 release (in the next day or so)
because I just fixed a lot of ie specific issues with it last night.