Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeffrey Ricks <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/31 17:33:07 UTC

Assembly Plugin: Include empty directories?

Hi,

I'm trying to create an assembly that contains an empty directory (log) and
have been unable to do so.  I've tried a few things, including the
workarounds and suggestions at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-108but have not been able to
get the empty directory to show up in my zip
assembly.  Here's the assembly descriptor I'm using:

<assembly>
  <id>bundle</id>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>

  <formats>
    <format>zip</format>
  </formats>

    <fileSets>

        <fileSet>
          <directory>src/main/resources/env/</directory>
          <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
          <useDefaultExcludes>true</useDefaultExcludes>
          <fileMode>0644</fileMode>
          <directoryMode>0755</directoryMode>
      </fileSet>

    </fileSets>

</assembly>

and the src/main/resource/env directory contains the following:

bin
conf
doc
log

All of those contain files except log which is an empty directory.  Any
suggestion on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Maven 2.2.1 and maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-5.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Re: Assembly Plugin: Include empty directories?

Posted by Jeffrey Ricks <je...@gmail.com>.
Wayne,

Thanks for the response... turns out that the plugin was indeed including my
empty directory and I failed to notice because of how I was viewing the zip
file.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.