Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com> on 2003/04/11 22:00:12 UTC

RE: Suggestions For Improving Documentation (WAS: RE: initial ideas turbine logo)

If you take a look through the turbine-dev archives over the past two
months, you will see that all such suggestions have been made and are in the
works.

There are some factors which are challenging progress:

1. There are only a few people willing to write content
2. The current site maintenance process is proving to be difficult to change
frequently, which means content in its infancy causes trouble.
3. A person of influence doesn't want to leave the xdoc format for
respectable reasons

As such, we started to focus on the Wiki.  Wiki's are superb for stabilizing
written ideas with a high level of group participation.  Our wiki is not
meant to become the official place for documentation, but a place to farm
and mature content before bringing it into a more "official" format, xdoc or
other.

Consequently, for the people who haven't written anything and still say we
need documentation and not a logo -- you are certainly correct on the former
point.  I am not going to argue with you on the latter.  But remember that
the others who will argue with you will not listen until they 1) see your
names on the Wiki's recent changes or 2) offer a more elegant documentation
process.

Thanks,

Chris