Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dan Carleton <da...@islandless.net> on 2001/08/24 07:47:12 UTC

mod_proxy/8231: ProxyRewriteCookies seems to have dissapeared from mod_proxy(?)

>Number:         8231
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       ProxyRewriteCookies seems to have dissapeared from mod_proxy(?)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hey Guys,

I'm working with mod_proxy and ProxyPass.

In trying to find a way to rewrite "Set-Cookie" response headers to dynamically reflect the proxy's hostname, I stumbled across this dated version of the documentation for the module in question:

http://www.columbia.edu/~dsm/mod_proxy.html

The "ProxyRewriteCookies" directive it describes solves my problem, but I can't find any mention of it in the most recent of the 1.3 line, or in any changelogs.

Has this functionality been rolled into something else, or was it discontinued at some point?

Thanks,

- Dan
>How-To-Repeat:
The directive doesn't exist in current implementations of mod_proxy, and isn't mentioned in the documentation:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html
>Fix:
I suppose there was some reason for removing it, but it might be worth re-introducing it as a patch which someone else (me?) could maintain and distribute.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]