Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/18 10:27:32 UTC

[FlexJS,TLF] Tlf branch and Maven build

Hi Harbs,

I noticed that TLF branch do not have proper Maven build on jenkins. I would
like to create one for you. In order to do this I need to create branch
named tlf in typedefs and falcon repo.

As I understand your branch was created from develop and release branch is
merged there ?

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS,TLF] Tlf branch and Maven build

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Additionally we need to put such branches in the future to some folder
feature/ etc. It is started to be messy on our git.

Piotr

-----

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info! I will create it - I think you may have some benefit
from that if you start play with Maven.

Piotr

-----

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, that worked.

Re: [FlexJS,TLF] Tlf branch and Maven build

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes. You need that branch.

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.
I'm getting this problem with ant clean all as well. Before running ant clean
all I tried running "ant wipe" in flex-typedefs and "ant wipe-all" in
flex-falcon, and "ant super-clean" in flex-asjs.

     [java]
C:\dev\flexjs\flex-asjs\frameworks\projects\Basic\src\main\config\compile-swf-config.xml(47):
col: 0 unknown configuration variable 'compiler.fxg-base-class'.
     [java]
C:\dev\flexjs\flex-asjs\frameworks\projects\Basic\src\main\config\compile-swf-config.xml
(line: 47)
     [java]
     [java]         <fxg-base-class>flash.display.Sprite</fxg-base-class>
     [java]
     [java]
     [java] Java Result: 4

Re: [FlexJS,TLF] Tlf branch and Maven build

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Every time we change compile-swf-config or compile-js-config we have to
remember that we might have to change the pom.xml.  I keep forgetting to
check the pom.

However, DragDrop worked for me.  We'll see what the CI server says.

-Alex

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
I had to update some poms.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
There is no reference to SpriteVisualElement anywhere.

Alex added support to FXG which uses flash.display.Sprite.

Maybe there’s something configured wrong with Maven causing it to get confused and  think there’s a dependency on SpriteVisualElement?

Is the latest falcon being built? (There were falcon changes that are required.)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Nice.

I’ll try not to break this… ;-)

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Harbs,

I just add to Text and TLF poms and make both modules part of general build,
so now your work will be build also by Maven. :)

Add also license header to one of the file. Build is in progress [1]

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
> There is possibility that some dependencies are missing, but not sure what
> Text module need in order to build. I add only Core and Binding.

It needs Core, Basic and HTML.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes. it was merged not too long ago.

Sounds good.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Does develop have all the changes in the release branch?

Make sure you don’t revert any changes there…

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

But I’m not sure it currently makes sense to create a Maven branch.

I don’t think I’m merging it in any time soon and I’m perfectly happy building with ant. I’m not going to spend time fixing Maven builds if they break on the branch, so I’m not sure there’s any benefit in doing so.

That said; if you want to create the maven build, I will not stand in your way.

Harbs