Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Christopher Tate <ct...@redhat.com> on 2023/01/24 20:06:25 UTC

Add custom configset to Solr Operator on OpenShift/Kubernetes

Hello Solr Operator Users,

I was wondering, how would I configure a custom configset with a
custom managed-schema and other configs with the Solr Operator like my
configset here which I deploy to Red Hat OpenShift?

https://github.com/computate-org/smartabyar-smartvillage/blob/main/openshift/kustomize/bundles/solr/app/configmaps/computate-configset/configmap.yaml

I figured out that I can scale my SolrCloud to zero Solr replicas, and
duplicate the created StatefulSet and set the configset up in the
right path: /opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/computate/conf

https://github.com/computate-org/smartabyar-smartvillage/blob/main/openshift/kustomize/bundles/solr/app/statefulsets/site-solrcloud/statefulset.yaml#L121-L125

spec:
  template:
    spec:
      volumes:
        - name: computate-configset
          configMap:
            defaultMode: 440
            name: computate-configset
      containers:
       - volumeMounts:
            - name: data
              mountPath: /var/solr/data
            - mountPath: "/opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/computate/conf"
              name: computate-configset

But how would I configure that configset in the SolrCloud CRD so that
I can easily run the upconfig command in one of the pods to upload the
configset to zookeeper without creating a separate debug pod for that?
Or does it require creating a separate pod to upload the configset to
zookeeper?

https://github.com/computate-org/smartabyar-smartvillage/blob/main/openshift/ansible/roles/solr-configure-collection/defaults/main.yml#L87-L95

Thanks
To your health. Courage!

Christopher Tate, Red Hat Certified Architect
Principal Consultant - FSI Solutions
Red Hat Social Innovation Council Architect
ctate@redhat.com
M: 385-231-7783