Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Stanczak <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/16 23:22:16 UTC

URL Redirects from Root?

Anyone have suggestions on setting up redirect for the ROOT folder? What I
have is an old IIS server that I'm moving to Linux Tomcat. The IIS has all
kinds of redirects. My first thought was to just create folders and
index.jsp pages with a redirect tag, but is there a better way?

- Edmund Burke

Re: URL Redirects from Root?

Posted by Justin Stanczak <ri...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thank you. I think I seen this before, but forgot until you pointed it
out. Coo!

On Jan 18, 2008 12:58 PM, Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2008 2:22 PM, Justin Stanczak <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone have suggestions on setting up redirect for the ROOT folder?
>
> <http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/> should take care of it :-)

- Edmund Burke

Re: URL Redirects from Root?

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: URL Redirects from Root?

Posted by Justin Stanczak <ri...@gmail.com>.
Just bumping this. Not sure if it got through. I got an email error.

On Jan 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Justin Stanczak <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have suggestions on setting up redirect for the ROOT folder? What I
> have is an old IIS server that I'm moving to Linux Tomcat. The IIS has all
> kinds of redirects. My first thought was to just create folders and
> index.jsp pages with a redirect tag, but is there a better way?
>
> --
> "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
> nothing." - Edmund Burke

- Edmund Burke