Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/02 23:44:49 UTC

[commons-build-plugin] can't build RC - help out of Maven pit

Hi All:

I need help getting an RC/release out.

With commons-build-plugin as it is in trunk I can do simple things like:
"m2 site", "m2 install", "m3 site", "m3 install" where m2 is Maven 2.2.1
and m3 is Maven 3.0.4. All on Oracle Java 1.6.0_31 on Win7 64 bit.

Our handy guide http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus mentions that
Commons Parent must be >= 16. The CP for this plugin is currently at 12
(the current is 23). If I update CP to 16 or 23, all heck breaks loose.

If I set the CP to 23 and do "m2 deploy" I get:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The API of the mojo scanner is not compatible with this plugin
version. Please check the plugin dependencies configured in the POM and
ensure the version
s match.

Embedded error:
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.extractor.AbstractScriptedMojoDescriptorExtractor.getScriptFileExtension(Lorg/apache/maven/tools/plugin/PluginTool
sRequest;)Ljava/lang/String;

So then I updated all the plugin versions to the latest, like this:
http://pastebin.com/CAjYmVp0

Which let me do all this:

m2 deploy (ok but not needed)
m2 clean deploy -Prelease (ok, signs, and uploads)
m2 commons:download-page (ok)
m2 changes:changes-report changes:announcement-generate (ok)

But when I do "m2 site", I get:

[ERROR] Method calculateLink threw exception for reference $PathTool in
template META-INF/maven/site.vm at  [2,29]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error while generating code.

The full build debug output with the stack trace is here:
http://pastebin.com/aJRikAAe

Can someone help me out of this Maven hell pit?

Thank you,
Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [commons-build-plugin] can't build RC - help out of Maven pit

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Gary,
> sounds like that one:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-619
>
> Quote:"There is a breadcrumb without an href in your site.xml, please
> check if this fixes it. Note that all <item> elements in site.xml
> require a href."

That fixed it! Thank you so much Christia.

Gary

 Cheers

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Gary,