Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Daniel Gredler <dg...@dhlglobalmail.com> on 2013/08/16 23:05:54 UTC

http4 component: proxy settings in system properties

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get the http4 component to recognize proxy settings
specified via the standard Java proxy system properties [1]. I'm setting
these system properties via the command line, e.g.:

	> java -Dhttp.proxyHost=myproxy.foo.com -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
MyMain

The http4 component documentation [2] seems to say that it checks system
properties, Camel context properties, and endpoint proxy options, in
that order:

	"To avoid System properties conflicts, you can set proxy
configuration only from the CamelContext or URI...
	Camel will first set the settings from Java System or
CamelContext Properties and then the endpoint proxy
	options if provided. So you can override the system properties
with the endpoint options."

However, while I've been able to get the Camel context properties and
endpoint options to work, I haven't been able to get Camel to recognize
the system properties. Indeed, looking at the code and the unit tests
for the component, I see tests for the Camel context properties approach
and the endpoint options approach, but not for the system properties
approach. Are system properties still supported as a way to specify
proxy configuration? Is this a bug, a regression, an oversight, or just
a new feature that hasn't been implemented yet? Or maybe I'm just
missing something?

Thanks for any hints!

Daniel

[1]