Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2019/10/04 09:01:55 UTC

[slack-digest] [2019-10-03] #general

2019-10-03 14:41:13 UTC - Michele Sciabarra: Hello all I want to recap the situation on the Knative support, and I would like to collect existing documentation
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570113673096700
----
2019-10-03 14:41:31 UTC - Michele Sciabarra: In the wiki I see an old document WIP describing an approach
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570113691097200
----
2019-10-03 14:41:51 UTC - Michele Sciabarra: I know there is a document from Matt describing the implementation of the NodeJS
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570113711097700
----
2019-10-03 14:42:22 UTC - Michele Sciabarra: and also I know there is some work in progress for a new router to put in front of OpenWhisk to serve “classic” and knative
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570113742098400
----
2019-10-03 14:42:58 UTC - Michele Sciabarra: is it possible to get pointers to those document so I try to clarify situation?
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570113778099000
----
2019-10-03 15:01:03 UTC - chetanm: Any tips on easier working with KubernetesContainerFactory implementation. Like directly using kube java client api from test to connect with Kube API server directly without deploying the code in some pod within k8s
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570114863101200
----
2019-10-03 15:43:18 UTC - Jack Sheehan: Hi guys. My supervisor and I are hoping to investigate serverless cloud platforms, cold starts, and language comparisons as part of my final year project/thesis. OpenWhisk seems like a great open-source platform to use. We haven't specified the title yet as there's still much to learn, though I'm sure we'll find a topic to focus on in the next few weeks.

I look forward to spending the next 7 or so months within the community, and I hope I can make a positive contribution to the project.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570117398107400
----
2019-10-03 15:49:17 UTC - Rodric Rabbah: Welcome Jack.
wave : Jack Sheehan
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1570117757107700
----