Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Prasad, Kamakshya" <kp...@capitalservicing.co.jp> on 2004/03/04 06:22:31 UTC

Help on ApplicationResources

Hi All,

We are using struts framework for building an application for a client.
In the system, the client wants to have all the error messages, labels
etc in the database instead of having them in a properties file. Please
let me know that how can we extend the necessary packages provided by
struts with a minimal changes and with the ability to continue using the
normal functionalities provided by struts like <bean:message>, errors,
ActionErrors etc.

Thanks and Regards,
Kamakshya

Re: Help on ApplicationResources

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Kamakshya,

I answered this message, but I didn't notice you had posted this to both the
struts-dev AND struts-user list and the reply address defaulted to
struts-dev, so my answer went there.

First of all, you need to post messages to the appropriate list - this is a
user question, so it never should have been posted to struts-dev.
Secondly you posted the same message to two lists - "cross posting". The
jakarta guidelines, which you are asked to read before subscribing, clearly
states "Do not cross post messages".

Both of these issues are covered in the Jakarta guidelines for mailing
lists:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

Its in your interest to follow these guidelines as ignoring them is likely
to anoy people and you are less likely to get any help.

My earlier reply was ...

 Struts is designed to do eactly this. You can provide your own
 implementations of the MessageResources and MessageResourcesFactory classes
 and plug them in. Look at the javadoc for the "org.apache.struts.util"
 package - it has a good section on "Message Resources" telling you what you
 need to know.

 http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/index.html

 Niall

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Apologies for these - I hadn't noticed that the message I was replying to
had been cross-posted and I didn't check the reply address - I meant to send
to struts-user list

Niall

Posted by "Todd G. Nist" <tn...@bellsouth.net>.
Kamakshya,

There is an implementation of this available at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49385.

Go to the above site and about halfway down the page you will find a project
category called:
	MessageResources Impls

Under this you will find a package called:

	ojb-msg-resources

You can download it along with the demo application to see how to apply it
to your application.

HTH,

Todd

We are using struts framework for building an application for a client.
In the system, the client wants to have all the error messages, labels
etc in the database instead of having them in a properties file. Please
let me know that how can we extend the necessary packages provided by
struts with a minimal changes and with the ability to continue using the
normal functionalities provided by struts like <bean:message>, errors,
ActionErrors etc.

Thanks and Regards,
Kamakshya

begin 666 winmail.dat
M>)\^(A4.`0:0" `$```````!``$``0>0!@`(````Y 0```````#H``$(@ <`
M& ```$E032Y-:6-R;W-O9G0@36%I;"Y.;W1E`#$(`0V ! `"`````@`"``$&
M@ ,`#@```-0'`P`$``D`$P````0``@$!`Y &`- (```H````"P`"``$````+
M`",```````,`)@``````"P`I```````#`"X```````,`-@``````'@!P``$`
M```=````2&5L<"!O;B!!<'!L:6-A=&EO;E)E<V]U<F-E<P`````"`7$``0``
M`!8````!Q 'SKT2%8%@]BEI(N:@F"EO($!QA```"`1T,`0```!D```!33510
M.E1.25-40$)%3$Q33U542"Y.150`````"P`!#@````! ``8.`"(TH_,!Q $"
M`0H.`0```!@`````````LZ>01"F(X4NFB0J*$0'VV<* ```#`!0.`0````L`
M'PX!`````@$)$ $````4! ``$ 0``#H&``!,6D9U.D9'= ,`"@!R8W!G,3(U
MXC(#0W1E> 5!`0,!]_\*@ *D`^0'$P* #_,`4 16/PA5![(1)0Y1`P$"`&-H
MX0K <V5T,@8`!L,1)?8S!$83MS 2+!$S".\)][8[&!\.,#41(@Q@8P!0,PL)
M`60S-A90"Z8@2P)A`,!K<VAY82PG"J(*A J 5&@$D&4@W00`( .1!W +4&4'
M@ (P"&%T:0(@(&]F(/1T:!ZR=@MP"V "8!Z0"1^@(&@"0' Z+R\:<PAA8P$0
M!;!G92[2;A0@+W #8&H%D"*@,1U ;W=F`Q 'D"YP&&AP/PG "&!P7VD`9#TT
M.3,X-2[Y'9I';R @)>$>8![0!N!>=AZ0`) .L![19"9B=0,A,0= 9G=A>2!D
MGR-@`Z F,@JP(E @>0A@^B #\&P#(". )S(HP"+4Y"!C'Z!E9P6P*" JH'LI
M@ F .AV5`9$%T >0<]THX5('D"'3!"!)'R$$(7T=J54G,!*!(#,I+P#0:P\H
MXBL\*[@BX&(M;7/<9RT8("SE'9I9*3$JH/<#H"A"%[!A)T FX![0%[#\;F<I
M42 P)B,!``1@'M#^< M0#> ?I"8!%! >D"-1_R7R-H(H(#41)@$O,07 -HGQ
M)0M(5$@=C 1P"S$=N.HM/+)/!1!G"X '0"Q&"SRS'91&`V$Z(%!RDF$L@&0L
M'.@@6P# LP,0)@`Z:R+ /S) *J#.<";@!T 4$')V#> +@(1G+@6@+FIP71V4
MGP9@`C ^\!Y0"'!S9"@0C3]P30K $] @,#0_<(L!T$1@( X@.C(S$,!&33M6
M/O!S='(GD'/B+0$`=D!J'2 *P &0KBXV@ #0'F N(C$[1@:>=4&A1K\B0$*E
M=6(B\F$^\$AE;' ?\ .@0>\VF"S',2LZ9&D0P"F '87]+;57(0$>@4AP0@%&
M!2F@:S\@!X!W!;!K*: %L6+Z=0,09$^"`Y$VBE#2*@`N8S:P'W$E!4DH='-Y
M_T80'U _<"8R4O0I4 !P4 '_)@$3X":A*T$F(P20`V %P/L'@2R"<S]P(,%*
MX#,U%"#^8QZ@*'1#L &1/S >D0" OPZP-.$@`57Q3X(F,6U8LKTJ`W $D!^P
M!Y$C@BX_`#\?0%F!'90?0 5 !X @:[YN-\(3X"$Q-\$T0G=6H?\.T GP)T F
M,B* +2$L@"L!/S U!" BP4'0`0`G0&)Y[QV43\4UHRH`;0N !W ]8?\3T35P
M!Y$G(C6G`: #$";@_R@@)@$%H (P"X *4$]5)C&+'91=T')C(F9U;B,0?Q_!
M!T FX%OR8/E/MC:P:ZT>D#Q7X !P.E<E/C]PUU;#5Y =E$%G@T5JXU:P_UB0
M)04MM1Y0`' =,"<3+,!>9PL1:R8_F$XK?7"0'@!"$ $```!+````/$,R-3)$
M-$%#0C@S0D4R-#-"0S8P0D1",T,Q,S!$1$8P03(R.3)&0&-A<&ET86PM;7@N
M8V%P:71A;'-E<G9I8VEN9RYC;RYJ<#X```,`"5D!````"P``@ @@!@``````
MP ```````$8``````X4````````#``* "" &``````# ````````1@`````0
MA0````````,`'8 (( 8``````, ```````!&``````&%`````````P`R@ @@
M!@``````P ```````$8`````4H4``"=J`0`>`#. "" &``````# ````````
M1@````!4A0```0````0````Y+C `"P`T@ @@!@``````P ```````$8`````
M!H4````````+`#B "" &``````# ````````1@`````.A0````````,`.8 (
M( 8``````, ```````!&`````!&%`````````P`[@ @@!@``````P ``````
M`$8`````&(4````````>`$F "" &``````# ````````1@`````VA0```0``
M``$`````````'@!*@ @@!@``````P ```````$8`````-X4```$````!````
M`````!X`2X (( 8``````, ```````!&`````#B%```!`````0`````````"
M`?@/`0```! ```"SIY!$*8CA2Z:)"HH1`?;9`@'Z#P$````0````LZ>01"F(
MX4NFB0J*$0'VV0(!^P\!````DP`````````XH;L0!>40&J&[" `K*E;"``!M
M<W!S="YD;&P``````$Y)5$'YO[@!`*H`-]EN````0SI<1&]C=6UE;G1S(&%N
M9"!3971T:6YG<UQT;FES=%Q,;V-A;"!3971T:6YG<UQ!<'!L:6-A=&EO;B!$
M871A7$UI8W)O<V]F=%Q/=71L;V]K7&UA:6QB;W@N<'-T```#`/X/!0````,`
M.3!!.$$Q,3 Q1C9$.4,T-T$V.3 P``````,`!A!=M84H`P`'$+0#```#`! 0
M4$Q%345.5$%424].3T942$E3059!24Q!0DQ%051(5%10.B\O4T]54D-%1D]2
H1T5.150O4%)/2D5#5"]32$]71DE,15-02% _1U)/55!)1 ````!-)0``
`
end