Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by naveenkumar nookala <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/06 13:34:38 UTC

Need Help - Mahout

Hi all,

I am new to Hadoop & Mahout.My Skill set is Python and working as an ETL
Developer in DatawareHousing. I have just installed Multinode Hadoop
Cluster and Mahout. I have practiced with sample Movie ratings example
using Mahout.

I am developing a movie site that contains movie related informations based
on artists and their movie news. I want to implement a recommendation
engine based on Mahout and Hadoop.

My recommendations should be based on the following conditions:
1. Based on the content of the movie article
2. Based on the Hero in the article
3. Based on the Director in the article
4. Based on the Heroine in the article
5. Based on the Music director in the article
6. Based on the user history as his likes, comments

There will be separate weightage for hero, heroine, director & Music
director

I have just some basic knowledge about Mahout and its Algorithms like
Clustering, Classifications and recommendations.

Could anyone please recommend me which algorithm is suitable for my
requirement and some insights to proceed further.

Re: Need Help - Mahout

Posted by naveenkumar nookala <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thats so nice of you. Thank you for those links.

Regards,
Naveen

naveen

RE: Need Help - Mahout