Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr> on 2014/02/10 00:35:00 UTC

Current state of work

Hello all

The basic geodetic classes recently committed implemented version 1 of
"Well Known Text" in their 'toString()' and 'toWKT()' methods. I'm in
the process of migrating them to version 2 of "Well Known Text". The
reason why I wish to use WKT 2 before the release candidate is for
preserving compatibility: if someone write code that depends on the WKT
format, I wish to not break his code when he would migrate from SIS 0.4
to 0.5. An other reason is that if a user asks for support on the
mailing list, the WKT is one of the most useful piece of information
(together with the stack trace) and the WKT 2 format provides more
information than WKT 1 did.

I'm late in the process, but still hope to finish WKT 2 this week. Next
task would be to retrofit the Shapefile reader with the data store API
(I will post my proposal on this list before starting anything), then I
would be ready to submit a release candidate.

     Martin