Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@almaden.ibm.com> on 2009/04/09 19:30:24 UTC

reduce task specific jvm arg

Hi,

Is there a way to set jvm parameters only for reduce tasks in Hadoop?
Thanks,

Jun
IBM Almaden Research Center
K55/B1, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA  95120-6099

junrao@almaden.ibm.com

RE: reduce task specific jvm arg

Posted by Koji Noguchi <kn...@yahoo-inc.com>.
This sounds like a reasonable request.

Created

On our clusters, sometimes users want thin mappers and large reducers.

Koji

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
There doesn't seem to be.  The command line for the JVM is computed in
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner#run().