Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by toabhishek16 <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/22 10:13:39 UTC

Error in hadoop crawling

Hi to all,
I am trying to crawl using hadoop on the single machine. other command like
hadoop namenode -format and examples provided with hadoop are working fine.
But when I am trying to crawl using hadoop its giving error which I am
pasting below

[root@localhost nutch-0.9]# ./bin/nutch crawl urls/ -dir aaa
Exception in thread "main" java.net.SocketTimeoutException: timed out
waiting for rpc response
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.$Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:247)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:105)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DistributedFileSystem$RawDistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:67)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.initialize(FilterFileSystem.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getNamed(FileSystem.java:119)
        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:83)

Please help me to solve this problem....

Thanks in advance.

AW: Error in hadoop crawling

Posted by Alexander Dick <al...@dick.at>.
Hi,

I don't know if this is the solution for your problem, but you should add at
least the depth parameter:
# ./bin/nutch crawl urls/ -dir aaa -depth 10 -threads 20

Cheers
Alex