Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Carlos Alonso <ca...@mrcalonso.com> on 2015/11/23 23:18:41 UTC

Hello!

Hi everyone!!

My name is Carlos. I work as a Software Engineer and after having a read
through the Apache Ignite project and docs and given that I'm very keen on
actively contributing to an Open Source Project I want to try to join this
community, collaborate, learn and have fun!!

Regards

Carlos Alonso | Software Engineer | @calonso <https://twitter.com/calonso>

Re: Hello!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Welcome to the Ignite community!

Please properly subscribe to the dev list (this way I will not have to
manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to “
dev-subscribe@ignite.apache.org” and follow simple instructions in the
reply.

You should get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process

Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Once you got familiar and were able to run a few examples, you should pick
a Jira ticket you would like to start on. Send an email to the dev list, so
we can add you as a contributor in Jira.

You can find interesting tickets to get started here:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket

Looking forward to your contributions!

Regards,
Denis